Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

BBQ Pulled Pork

We hosted a Super Bowl party yesterday and I went all out on the spread of food... maybe a little too far because my awesome friends also brought dishes and we have enough food to last us the rest of the week... No harm in that, that just means less cooking for me this week.

Also, I am going to try and have at least one dish updated on here a week.... I am sorry for not posting more recipes (and I have been lacking on photos...) I promise I will get better.  Brandon's work travel started back up so I have been making quick and easy dinners that I do not feel are blog quality.

BBQ Pulled Pork
Boston Butt Pork Roast
1 Large Onion
5 Whole Cloves
Seasoning Salt
2 cups Beef Stock
1/2 cup Water
BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)

Slice up half of the onion and place at the bottom of a crock pot.  Add pork roast, cloves, seasoning salt, stock and water.  Cook on low for 8-12 hours.  (I did eight hours)  Remove pork and de-bone.  Drain crockpot.  Shred pork with the two fork method (or whatever is easiest for you).  Chop the remaining onion.  Layer shredded pork, onion and BBQ sauce back in the crock pot, stirring together.  Cook on high for an hour and then turn to warm.  Serve on buns or alone

This came out phenomenal! I cannot wait to eat the leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment