Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Chili

1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 pd ground chicken breast
1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped (I used a bunch of chopped baby carrots)
1 onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
4 Tbs chili powder
1 Tbs ground cumin
1 Tbs paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup hot buffalo wing sauce (I just used Frank's Red Hot because I had some leftover)
1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
1 (28oz) crushed tomatoes
1 (15oz) can white kidney beans (cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
1 (15oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed

1. Heat olive oil in pan and add ground chicken breast.  Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer to a large stock pot and add carrot, celery, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper. Cook until onions are translucent (about 3-4 minutes)

2. Stir in hot sauce, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and white and red kidney beans.  Bring to boil; and simmer over medium low heat for about an hour.

This turned out really good!  Like I mentioned, I just used plain old Frank's Red Hot and it still have an abundant buffalo taste.  Next time I will try out the Franks Hot Wing Sauce and see if there is much difference (I am assuming it is more of a texture difference than taste difference between the hot sauce and wing sauce).  This chili seemed heartier than the others that I make, not that it is a bad thing, but normally I think thinner chili's.  This was still excellent, and I look forward to eating the leftovers this week while Brandon is out on work travel.

2 comments:

  1. It was good! Try it with the actual Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce and let me know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete