Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Boston Market Style Meatloaf with Cheese

1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tablespoon hickory smoked barbecue sauce (I used honey because that is what I had in the fridge)
1 tablespoon sugar (I used 1/2 tablespoon of Splenda Sugar Blend)
1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef or ground turkey
1/3 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 gloves garlic, minced
3/4 cups of Italian style bread crumbs
1 egg beaten
cheese (I used about 5oz of 75% reduced fat sharp cheddar brick)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a large bowl, stir together the ketchup, barbecue sauce, and sugar; set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture
3. With your hands, mix in the remaining ingredients (except for the cheese)
4. Grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan and form half of the meat mixture into the pan.  Cut the cheese into cubes and spread evenly across the meat mixture.  Form the remainder of the meat mixture into loaf pan.
5. Bake, covered, 30 minutes
6. Uncover and drain fat from pan, then slice the meat loaf while still in the pan
7. Drizzle the reserved tomato mixture evenly over the meatloaf
Bake, uncovered, for an additional 30 minutes or until cooked through 

Serves 5
Recipe adapted from: America's Most Wanted Recipes and modified by Me

This meatloaf was awesome!  I apologize for not taking a picture :( I will get back into that, I promise!  Anyway, what I really liked about this recipe is that it didn't really call for many ingredients. In the next month or so I plan on making another meat loaf recipe and then we can compare the two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment